The Spring Soiree is just over 2 weeks away. I think the attached program includes everyone who has said they are able to perform at this year’s Soiree plus their items so far. I think this is kind of the order as well. Please check this over and let me know any discrepancies. I hope I have not left anyone out.
Flourishing Muse Soirée Etiquette
- Please arrive 15 minutes early in order to get settled.
- Please dress nicely. Think Sunday best – jeans are OK if nice jeans, no holes. Girls please wear long pants or leggings on the stage.
- Practice stage presence and bows at home. Walk up to the piano, take your seat, make sure the bench height is right for you, take some seconds to orient yourself and then play. When you are finished, get up from the piano, move away from the bench, and bow from the waist to acknowledge the applause.This adds polish to your performance and most importantly, acknowledges the audience appreciation.
- Please remain seated when you are not playing and plan to stay fro the whole concert. It is impolite to leave early.
- Talking and moving about are distracting to the performer and audience. Please be a polite listener.
- If an emergency makes it impossible for you to arrive on time, please wait until an item is finished before taking a seat.
- Applause should consist of clapping only.
- Flash photography is PROHIBITED during a performance. If you wish to take a photograph, please wait until the student has finished the performance. Only people who have the permission of the parent should take photographs of students under 18. You can video your student performance but don’t interrupt the view of others in the audience.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the auditorium.
- Cell phones, pagers, and other electronic devices should be turned off during the performance.