The Spring Soiree is getting close – Sunday June 3 at Croasdaile Village auditorium from 3-5 pm
Below is the tentative program. Some blanks need to be filled in this week and please check your name is there. I will use full names and full names of performance items in the real program of course:
Program Spring Soiree 2018
- You are my Sunshine (all)
- This little light (all)
- This land is your land (all)
- Safari (Hazel, Camille, and Ella)
- On a Mountain High Top (Leo and Ava, Ian, Lucas)
- Wild Mountain Thyme (Lucas)
- ? (Leo and/or Ava?)
- March (Sadie and Lorna)
- Elenke (Sadie and Lorna)
I’m on Fire (Kaitlyn)
- Winnsboro Cotton Mill Blues (Mary-Russell and Lorna)
- Russian Waltz or Water is Wide (Mary-Russell and Lorna)
- Camptown Races (Madeline and Mai)
- Eine Leine Nachtmusik (Madeline and Mai)
- Sun Flowers in Spring (Lillie and Cynthia)
- Madeline – Classic Dance
- Mai – Dancing Sea Horses
- Oscar –
- Louisa –
- Lillie – Canoe song
- Stella – Ode to Joy
- Iris – haiku and Mixed up song
- Khaleel – Firefly
- Logan – Ode to joy
- Andrew – Sea Chanty
- Liam – Marche Slav
- Mia – Energico
- Jesse – Gypsy and Swing low
- Quinn – Fantasia and Monk
- Lucas and Mia – A Million Dreams
- Oscar? Quinn?
- Michelle – Never enough
- Richard – Non piu Andrai
I will need to have a ukulele rehearsal and hope everyone can come Saturday June 2 at my place (I know it is small, but parents maybe you could do some retail therapy or go for a walk?) from say 3:30 – 3:45 pm. (that would be all 8 ukulele students)
I also need to have a rehearsal with Lucas and Mia for A Million Dreams and that would be same day after the ukuleles 3-3:30.
The Soiree is a relaxed concert. Starting again if you make a bad start in fine. Feeling nervous is normal but you have to remind yourself that everyone there is not there to criticize but to support. Once you sit down to play, think about your music. Do not let thoughts like “I’ll be glad when this is over”, “what will I have for dinner?”, “what will everyone think?” take over from thinking about the music you are playing right then. I have to do the same thing myself so I know it is hard but also possible. You have to get what we sometimes call “The Monkey Brain” to be quiet (you know how monkeys can chatter on).
I really like affirmations like “I am a really good piano player and I know my piece well” especially of you write them down and put them some where you can’t help reading them all the time.
Let me know any questions, changes, anything else this week.