Three important items:
1. The Spring Soirée 2019. It is this coming Sunday June 2, at 3:30 pm at Croasdaile Village auditorium. The best directions are on Croasdaile Village website. Once you get to the main entrance, register at the desk and ask the way to the Auditorium.
Website for directions: http://www.croasdailevillage.com/cvhowtofindus.html
Welcome new families! It can be a bit confusing getting to the right place at Croasdaile so leave lots of time. Enter the campus via the gated guard box and turn left into the large double carriageway. Please make sure you park in the visitor carpark beside the American Flag, not on the divided road leading up to the entrance. Come in the big covered entrance and register at the desk and ask directions to the Auditorium.
I would like to invite all students and friends and family to come to the Soirée. It is a lot of work but I arrange it because I think it is the friendliest way to share musical gifts in a supportive atmosphere.
I invite my new students to come to their first Soirée so they can see what happens and how their colleagues play. I also invite my adult students to come and support the students who are performing.
The Soirée program is attached, so please double check and let me know any discrepancies.
Flourishing Muse Soirée Etiquette
- Please arrive 20 minutes early in order to get settled.
- Please dress nicely. Think Sunday best – jeans are OK if nice jeans, no holes. Girls please wear long pants or leggings if you are on the stage.
- Practice stage presence and bows at home. Walk up to the piano, take your seat, make sure the bench height is right for you, take some seconds to orient yourself and then play. When you are finished, get up from the piano, move away from the bench, and bow from the waist to acknowledge the applause.This adds polish to your performance and most importantly, acknowledges the audience appreciation.
- Please remain seated when you are not playing and plan to stay at least for your half. It is impolite to leave early.
- Talking and moving about are distracting to the performer and audience. Please be a polite listener.
- If an emergency makes it impossible for you to arrive on time, please wait until an item is finished before taking a seat.
- Applause should consist of clapping only.
- Flash photography is PROHIBITED during a performance. If you wish to take a photograph, please wait until the student has finished the performance. Only people who have the permission of the parent should take photographs of students under 18. You can video your student performance but don’t interrupt the view of others in the audience.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the auditorium.
- Cell phones, pagers, and other electronic devices should be turned off during the performance.
2. Summer scheduling:
Some parents and students have already talked to me about summer. Summer schedule begins Monday June 10 and lasts until Tuesday September 3, the day after labor day. I am open to scheduling other times for students but I urgently need to know if you need your current time or if another would be better. Please email me your ideas for summer if you have not already done so. The summer is very long and I am not teaching from August 6 to September 3 when my daughter and family will be here and I need to take care of my grandson most of that time to give my daughter some space. Students are able to take the whole summer off if that is best for their families but if you want to keep up some lessons in June and July that would be a great idea.
I am available for teaching from June 10 to September 3 except for:
June 24 – 28 (going to the beach!)
August 6 – September 2 (Grandson fun!)
I am currently working on the summer schedule so please let me know if you want lessons.
3. Fall schedule:
I am also working on the Fall schedule. I need to know if a) you are continuing lessons and b) what are your time constraints. I now have an even longer waiting list of over 8 families so I need to know if there are spaces so I can tell people who want lessons whether that is possible. The Fall semester will be half as long as the Spring semester and there will be a holiday Soiree early in December.
Thank you for learning with Flourishing Muse – I really love being able to earn my living teaching in my own lovely home (now the bathroom renovation is complete thank goodness!)