Cannot believe it is so close to the various late year holidays already!
Lots to say so will use bullet points:
- Halloween – on Tuesday 10/31 I am expecting to see students up to 5:30 but the students who come after that have either cancelled or I have rescheduled and I will send separate reminders. I have a change of plan for myself – too scared to be alone at Halloween (you are all too scary in nyour comstumes) so I am taking myself to Madeline’s house, corner of Sprunt and Oakland and I will have candy there for any trick or treaters.
- The Holiday Soiree is getting closer and students should be considering what they might play to entertain family and friends and the wonderful residents at Croasdaile. December 10, 3-5 pm. I will be putting a prospective list up next week.
- November fees due next week – complicated by thanksgiving!
Monday students 4 lessons
Tuesday students 4 lessons
Wednesday students 5 lessons if you are coming 11/22/17? If not, 4 lessons
Thursday students – would normally be 5 lessons but no lesson 11/23/17 so 4 lessons
Friday students – would normally be 4 lessons but no lesson 11/24/17 so 3 lessons.
- I am planning to have an adult student Salon at my house December 1, Friday evening.
- Last Sunday both mine and my student Gabrael St Clair’s compositions were performed at the masses at St Thomas Moore, Yale University Catholic Chapel. We are both excited and hope we can hear a recording.
- Durham Music Teachers Association are having a playathon to raise money for the scholarship fund they use to provide tuition for students whose parents cannot afford the fees for music lessons. The details are below. You do not need to be an advanced student to play. Some of my students have played in the past to high acclaim and generous donations. It would be fun! Please give it some consideration. It is the day before the Soiree so you should all be ready with your piece!
DMTA Playathon December 9 at Bright Leaf Square time – Flourishing Muse students will be performing at 4:30 pm