It seems to be trying to be Spring with Daffodils out, and warmer temperatures but you know with they say about March! In like a lion, out like a lamb – could be some cold to come!
Will be concise:
- I hope students are thinking about practice and how to make a regular time each day to get to it. If you are a morning person like me, morning practice is best; if you are not, then afternoon and evening practice is the way to go. Maybe sacrifice that 1/2 hour of TV?
- The ukulele evening Tuesday March 6 from 7:15 – 7:45 pm: I want to do this because I think it will inspire all the ukulele students and it will be fun to have all 8 here together. However, it will be a squash! I can seat the 8 ukulele students but fitting parents in will be hard and I fear they might have to stand. It will only be for 1/2 hour. If you want to drop off your student and avoid the chaos, that would be fine too. All students know what they are going to play (see the weekly emails).
- Flourishing Muse Salon for adults, Friday March 16 from 7:70 – 9 pm: Please let me know you can come and play or sing if you have not already done so.
- Playing duets is a wonderful way to learn abut the importance of counting the beats and the need for cooperation when you are playing with someone else. I often play the teacher’s duet part with students but more important is students playing together with equal duet parts. Some of my students have started on duets not just on piano but with piano and ukulele, piano or ukulele with voice, and with two ukuleles. I certainly hope to feature duets at the Spring soiree and I might even have a special evening for duet-ists! My adult student and I are thoroughly enjoying playing duets such as the Winnsboro Cotton Mill Blues.
- I have also decided to shorten my Spring break to one week. This is because I have a lot of new young players and at that time it is hard fro them to miss two lessons in a row, especially given that I will be away 5 weeks in summer. It is a little different in summer as everyone has summer activities and camps and travel on their minds. This means I will be teaching Monday 3/26 and Tuesday 3/27 and then taking my break from 3/28 to 4/3. I will be teaching Wednesday 4/4, Thursday 4/5 and Friday 5/6. I know with the various school breaks that these dates may not coincide but just let me know when you won’t be coming to lessons outside the 3/8 to 4/3 dates.
Thanks always fro learning music with my studio, Flourishing Muse.