Happy Holidays to everyone!
I hope you all have a safe, warm, wonderful time over the 2 week break. Spring semester will commence January 8, when it will unbelievably be 2024. It has been a great year with students progressing as evidenced in the two Soirées. Thank you to everyone for choosing to learn music with me. ❤️
Bullets points now so please peruse:
- Love all the gifts from students. Thank you so very much, but I have been meaning to tell you that I have been gluten free for a long time and cannot eat things made with wheat – just for future reference so I don’t have to treat my guests with your cookies! You can use one of the gluten free flours exactly the same as wheat flour for the students who like to bake…
- The spring schedule is on my website. Of course I know there will be changes but it is a starting point. I already have some petitions for changes. Just let me know as soon as you know about after school activities. Spring Semester starts January 8. If anyone is not continuing please let me know.
- Did anyone video a student at the recent Soirée? Would love to post a few on my blog if that’s OK.
- Some people will be needing new books and I will let you know as soon as I work it out. I think everyone has music to work on over the two week break.
- I am going to have a blitz in the new year about learning to read the notes on the two staves. It is a great skill to have as well as being able to play from memory, so get ready for flash cards and more. I also want to help more students with original compositions.
- Fees for 2024 will be $38 a half hour lesson with $76 for the hour or $57 for 45 minutes but I only have one spot for 45 minutes – I have to run 1/2 hour back-to-back lessons in the after school hours to fit everyone in. There will still be a 10% discount for 2 or more learning piano.