I hope everyone is doing well in spite of flu, and the weird up-and-down weather.
Some important dates:
- I have moved the Adult Work-in-progress night at my house to Friday March 15 from 7:30 – 9 pm. Will email adult students separately to importune your attendance!
- The previous Saturday March 9 from 3:30 – 5 pm, the Durham Music Teachers Association is holding an adult student recital at Croasdaile Village Chapel. It would be great if some of my adult students were interested in playing at this event and I will ask in lessons. Anyone post high school can play and memorization is not required.
- On April 13, the DMTA is holding another playathon probably at Northgate Mall but the venue will be firmed up when we know what is happening to Northgate. My time slot is 2:30 – 3:00 pm. I would like to highlight all my duet players at this playathon. Duets could be piano or piano and ukulele, or vocal duet? Will be talking to students in lessons. Remember the playathon raises money for DMTA Scholarships.
- I think this year I am going to take my Spring Break when Durham Public School break from Monday March 25 – Friday March 29. I usually take my break after Easter but Easter is very late this year, and too close to exams. It is possible that my bathroom will be being renovated that week so would be good not to teach during the demolition phase! I am not sure if all schools are taking that week off but I would be glad to know if this break works for most parents and students so let me know.
- I am very happy that more song writers and composers are emerging! Leo has an amazing song coming along and Oscar has a piece called The Singing Tiger for piano. Ben is promising to write another song to add to his collection of dog songs. Talk to me about more composing please students.
- It is not time to gear up for the Spring Soiree yet but it should be in the back of everyone’s mind – the date will be Sunday June 2 from 3-5 pm at Croasdaile Village Auditorium. I know the piano is not terrific and I am working on trying to fix this problem but it is such a great venue and I have been having concerts there for so many years now.
Stay warm and safe.