Sunday, February 3, 2019 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm at Croasdaile Village Chapel (Chair: Lorna Collingridge)
Clinician: Marian Pratniki
The Durham Music Teachers Association is proud to host a masterclass given by critically acclaimed American mezzo-soprano Marion Pratnicki; she is on the voice faculty at University of North Carolina School of the Arts.
Ms Pratniki’s Career Highlights
- Opera Apprenticeships with Michigan Opera Theatre, Chautauqua Opera
- Debut as Dame Quickly at New York City Opera with Mark Delevan
- Jenufa with Rene Flemming at Dallas Opera
- Azucena and Ulrica roles by Verdi and Erde in Wagner’s Siegfried
A master class is an opportunity for students to perform in front of an audience and to work with a clinician. The clinician discusses and addresses various aspects of performance and studying, such as musical expression, technical challenges, practice strategies, and more. The audience learns from the clinician through observation. This is such a wonderful opportunity for voice students to experience feedback from a singer who is active in public performance. It is also a great opportunity for teachers to observe and questions.
The Chair for this masterclass is DMTA member, Lorna Collingridge. This master class is for students age 15 and older. There should be room for approximately 6-7 students, and initially each teacher may submit two students. However if we do not have enough students, teachers may be able to submit an additional student. Please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 25 and you will be notified by February 1 if you are able to submit an additional student.
The masterclass is open to intermediate as well as advanced students.
Please include in your submission:
1. $25 registration fee (additional $30 for non-member teachers) for each
participating student. Make checks payable to DMTA. Send registration fee to Lorna Collingridge at 2119 Sprunt Ave Durham, NC 27705
2. Student name, age, and level.
3. Program information should include: composer; complete composition title, including any opus number or other catalog number; and the section, if part of a larger composition. If there is a specific question about the piece, please submit it in writing along with the registration form. Send student and program information to Lorna Collingridge at email@example.com
4. Teacher e-mail and phone number. All DMTA Masterclasses are open to teachers and observing students free of charge. Croasdaile residents, parents and friends, and other invitees are also welcome free of charge.
5. Students need to provide their own accompaniment at the master class.
For directions to Croasdaile please go to their website: http://www.croasdailevillage.com